Immediate Dental Implant after extraction
When implants are placed at the same time as the tooth is removed such a procedure is known as Immediate Dental Implants Placement. Today this procedure is considered standard as it prevents any change in shape of bone and gum surrounding the extracted tooth. It is convenient for the patient as it allows the surgical treatment to be completed in one intervention. Only in few cases, where there is a cyst or abcess in relation to a badly infected tooth, it is better to first remove the infected tooth and allow healing before the implant is placed.
A traditional implant treatment involved multiple appointments with treatment extending from 6 months to 1 year:
- Tooth extraction (wait for 3 months for implant placement).
- Implant placement (if immediate implant, at the same time as of extraction).
- Unloaded healing phase (6 weeks - 6 month).
- Uncovering of implants.
- Prosthetic phase (wait for 3-6 months for fusion of implant in bone).
With conventional delayed loading implants patients would have to wait for a long time from the beginning to the end of treatment. Until then the patient had to wear a denture until the implants fused with the bone. With todays new generation immediately loadable “single piece dental implants” and our technique of “New teeth in 3 Days” patients get their teeth fixed in 3 days.
Immediate load of dental implants can be advantageous in many ways:
- Patient gets temporary teeth on the same day and permanent teeth of ceramic or zirconia in 3 days.
- Time saving
- Cost reduction because patient need not come back again after 3 months.
At our Dental Clinic we use single piece implants designed for immediate placement and immediate loading. Having placed more than two thousand such implants with immediate loading, We give a life time warranty on his technique “New teeth in 3 Days”.